Micellar Water as a product has reached peak popularity recently with multiple women switching to the product in place of the usual soap and water. As a skincare product, Micellar Water is used to remove make-up from the face while also cleansing the skin, all without any need for rinsing with water. The product had already been use among a number of French pharmacies for many years but it only recently gained major popularity due to its discovery by make-up artists and bloggers and also other skincare enthusiasts.
What Is Micellar Water?
Micellar Water is best described as water with small round balls otherwise known as micelles, which are cleansing molecules floating on the water. Therefore, once you apply the Water on your face, these gentle cleansing molecules act on the dirt and oil on your face, quickly and efficiently clearing them.
What Is In It?
Some of the main ingredients contained in Micellar Water products include Triple Purified Water, Vitamins B3 and C which work together to cleanse and enrich your skin!
How to Use Micellar Water
The recommended use of Micellar Water is as follows:
- Wipe your face gently with a cotton wool ball soaked in Micellar Water solution with special attention on the lip and eye regions to remove all the makeup. Being super-absorbent, cotton easily soaks up all dirt and oil.
- No rinsing is necessary afterwards.
- Apply a suitable moisturiser or serum after a while.
Micellar cleansing water has multiple benefits on the skin. These include:
- It is suitable for use on all kinds of skin including sensitive and dry skin due to its hydrating and gentle properties unlike a typical foamy wash. For oily skin and especially for acne prone individuals, you may have to supplement Micellar with a traditional facial cleanser.
- Containing no alcohol, Micellar is gentle and never stings. It therefore has no tightening or tingling effect.
- It is a powerful product and can remove even eye makeup thus there’s no need for any additional makeup remover. However this may not be the case for stubborn eye makeup for example waterproof mascara or heavy foundations.
- If you are travelling or in a situation where running water may not be available, Micellar Water is perfect as no rinsing is needed and therefore you do not have to compromise your skincare routine.
Which Beauty Brands Have It?
There are a good number of companies that have incorporated Micellar Water into their products. Some of these beauty brands include Bioderma, La Roche-Posay, Avene, black|Up, Lancôme and Garnier. Most of these products are perfect for travelling, camping or vacationing purposes. Basically, anywhere where running water may not be readily available Micellar Water is the perfect option.
There you have it. What do you think? Have you used it before, what was your experience?