So I’ve been on a mission for the past say 6 months to see how long and healthy I can grow my hair to December.
Gosh, like who could have known it would be such a challenge?!!
Firstly, trying to “learn” my hair which I still don’t think I have mastered… and figuring out ingredients and their benefits in hair products, both store bought and natural has also been an issue.
That said, I have set myself a new challenge ie. CONSISTENCY and the following are the only products I will be using ~ in the hope of getting maximum results… It’s been 8 weeks since my last relaxer so my growth is shocking!
I will not state the shampoos and conditioners as I don’t think those make too much of a difference – I do use a sulphate free version, for interest’s sake ~ and if you would really like to know i will tell 🙂
- I will wash and deep condition once a week using either ORS Hair Repair, ORS Replenshing Pak, ORS Hair Mayonnaise or the Dr Miracle’s deep conditioning treatment ~ some are moisturizing others protein.
- I will oil my scalp 2/3 times a week using coconut oil ~ the reason I will not wash twice a week is to give my oil a chance to actually work
- I will baggy the ends of my hair and possibly the full head closer to wash day to try and create a moist environment for better length retention.
- I will moisturize my hair daily with Moroccan oil hydrating styling cream and seal with Moroccan oil ~ it’s getting to summer now so I don’t feel it’s necessary to weigh my hair down with the thicker creams as I have been doing throughout winter, and the thought of oil coating my hair & subsequently coating my face… leading to a breakout is just not for me!
- I will incorporate black tea rinses as and when necessary
- Lastly, I will bun/protective style 5 days of the week to protect my ends